Our Mission Statement
The mission of the SPE® TPM&F Division is to promote thermoplastic materials and foams technology worldwide and to educate industry, academia, and the public about these advances.
INTERESTED IN KNOWING MORE ABOUT US? SEND A MESSAGE by clicking on this LINK and adding your CONTACT INFO.
The SPE® TPM&F Division is dedicated to educating, promoting, recognizing, and communicating technical accomplishments for all phases of new thermoplastic materials including foams and their processes to its members. These areas include:
- Thermoplastic Materials
What We Do
- Secures authors and papers for presentations at technical conferences (Polyolefins, ANTEC® and Foams)
- Provides members with the latest technical information
- Publishes a quarterly newsletter
- Sponsors educational outreach programs at high school and college levels
- Recognizes individuals for their Outstanding Achievement in the plastics industry
- Identifies and presents Best Paper Awards at various conferences including ANTEC® and Foams.
In conjunction with SPE®, other divisions, and technical organizations, the SPE® TPM&F organizes the following technical sessions:
- Annual Technical Conferences (ANTEC®)
- Topical Technical Conferences (Polyolefins, Foams)
- Webinar Series
- Student Poster Session Sponsorship at various conferences
Goals of the Division
The Division's first goal is to "inform and educate" the public and potential members about plastics by being a central source for information and contacts through:
- Establishment of an ease of access information network
- Strong educational/informational-based programs and conferences
- Responsiveness to technical questions and feedback
- Partnerships with SPE® divisions and other organizations
- Updated information and resources related to our division
- Highly effective and responsive service to our members
- Member involvement in events and activities to support the plastics industry
- Industry Involvement via technical sessions and conferences to promote new and advancing technologies in thermoplastic materials and foams.
- Stability of division finances including managing budgets, resources, and events to meet on-going program needs.
Current TPM&F Division Board of Directors
To see the members of our division's current board of directors, please click HERE
More About SPE®
Our parent organization, the Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE®) has a member network of plastics professionals, including:
- Account Managers
- Marketing Personnel
- Technical Specialists
- Representatives from Related Industries
For more information about SPE, please visit the following website www.4spe.org.
The following individuals are Fellows of our division. They are honored for their contributions in the field of plastics engineering, science or technology, or in the management of such activities.
- Dr. Lawrence T Drzal
- Mr. Henry G. Schirmer
- Dr. Vipin Kumar
- Dr. Natarajan S. Ramesh
- Mr. Martin H. Tusim
- Dr. Steve Pak Wing Chum
- Dr. Wen Pao Wu
- Dr. Richard C Bopp
- Dr. Vijay K Stokes
- Dr. Chul B Park
- Dr. Chung P Park
- Mr. Shau-Tarng Lee
- Prof. Marino Xanthos (Prof. Xanthos passed on June 28th 2013)
- Mr. Mark Barger
- Dr. Ananda M. Chatterjee
- Mr. Salvatore J. Monte
- Hani Naguib